External Tool (LTI) not working in Internet Explorer

External Tool (LTI) not working in Internet Explorer

by Peter Jonker -
Number of replies: 3

I have a Moodle 2.6.2 running being the LTI provider (using the LTI Provider plugin).

My consumer Moodle is 2.6+ and there we use the External tool activity.

This works fine using Chrome and other browsers.

Using Internet Explorer 9, 10 and 11 it does not work. The link of the External Tool can be clicked and seems to start but ends up showing the login screen.

I have experimented with authentication 'No login' and 'Manual' but both do not work. Have deleted all LTI accounts and started from consumer again. I can see that an account is being created on the provider site so some communication is being done.

Anyone who has experienced the same and can provide a solution?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter Jonker

Re: External Tool (LTI) not working in Internet Explorer

by Stephen Vickers -

If you "can see that an account is being created on the provider site" then I suspect the issue is not with the LTI launch but with the security policy in your browser refusing to accept the cookie from the tool provider site when it tries to establish a login session.  Does the same behaviour occur when the tool provider is opened in a new window/tab?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Stephen Vickers

Re: External Tool (LTI) not working in Internet Explorer

by Peter Jonker -

Stephen,

Opening the External Tool in a new window/tab pulled the trick. That was every helpful! If I want to stick to embedded I think adjusting my security policy in the browser would help. Have you got any directions on what to look for to make that work?

Thanks again! Peter Jonker