webdav in practice

Re: webdav in practice

by Tiffany Morgan -
Number of replies: 1

Thanks Rosario for the information--much appreciated. 

What you are describing is exactly what I am experiencing. Having never dealt with a WebDav before I assumed that by setting up the credentials in the admin side, and setting permissions for users, the result would be a single sign on for users with the required role permissions. While it is a bummer to know that is not possible, it is nice to know so I dont continue to try to track down an impossibility. We were hoping that WebDav would help us to mimic the file handling that we had in 1.9 now that we are in 2.6, but it doesn't look to be so.  

Thanks again for your help though!

In reply to Tiffany Morgan

Re: webdav in practice

by Tammy Moore -

Tiffany, did you ever find a 1.9-like workflow? We were about to try Webdav ourselves. It looks like that will not work. sigh. I am so surprised at how hard it is to create a single mini-site (non-SCORM Captivate) so we just have one place to update and one set of files for multiple course files.

I have tried Files Repository but when I point to the Multiscreen file that starts the Captivate lesson as an alias it tells me it cannot find the file. Only if I make a copy, unzip, and tell it to make the multiscreen file the main file can I get it to run. That would be oaky if I could update the zip file for any updated version of the Captivate lesson. When I try that, I get invalid JSON string error on unzipping the newly uploaded zip file. I even tried using the url of the successful copy version and doing a url resource instead of a file. I can make that work, but then I would have to have that working file someplace where all students were enrolled so they could play it in addition to the one of many courses they are officially enrolled in. 

Am I totally misunderstanding something about how to get a one stop to update mini site to work across multiple course copies?