Receiving an error displaying the Moodle Documentation

Receiving an error displaying the Moodle Documentation

by Jeff Thomas -
Number of replies: 4

When I hit the Moodle Documentation button off the admin page, the page starts to display, but I receive the following error in the left frame:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/mbevnet/public_html/vpt/doc/contents.php on line 14

Any ideas? 

Thanks,

Jeff

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jeff Thomas

Re: Receiving an error displaying the Moodle Documentation

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
It might be an empty "files.php" file in a language pack. What language are you using? Try switching ... does it make a difference?
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Jeff Thomas -

I changed and it didn't fix it.

I looked under my lang folder (en) and there is no files.php there....in fact, none of the lang folders have a files.php.

I then looked at my test computer where I originally downloaded moodle 1.1 and none of those folder have files.php in them either??

When I first set the site up, I kept getting an error on main page saying it could not enumerate the language packs correctly, so I set the settings to only display a few of the languages...also when I was FTPing things up the FTP session was broken....so I am thinking I have an incomplete install somewhere....but I know I resent the entire lang folder(s).

Jeff

In reply to Jeff Thomas

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
moodle/lang/en/docs/files.php ... I think it might be there, but empty or corrupted.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Jeff Thomas -

That was it.  For some reason my FTP program was transferring empty files over .... but only in that folder...

Anyway, thank you.

Jeff