Batch course upload with Self enrolment (Teacher)

Batch course upload with Self enrolment (Teacher)

by Conrad Taylor -
Number of replies: 5

Good morning all, I am trying to do a batch moodle upload of courses with 2 methods of enrolment

my csv format is

shortname fullname idnumber category visible enrolment_1 enrolment_1_role enrolment_2 enrolment_2_role
_LVMN2_LV New L2 Light Vehicle apps _LVMN2_LV 23 1 self 2 self 1

The enrolment_1_role and I using 1 and 2 which I think represent Teacher and student.

I have tried also

shortname fullname idnumber category visible enrolment_1 enrolment_1_role enrolment_2 enrolment_2_role
_LVMN2_LV New L2 Light Vehicle apps _LVMN2_LV 23 1 self Teacher self student

But without success, I must stress that the course created successful, but not with the correct self enrolment.

see file attached.

My Moodle version is 2.6.1

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks 
Conrad

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Conrad Taylor

Re: Batch course upload with Self enrolment (Teacher)

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Conrad,

Looks like you may have used the wrong names for some of your columns. Check this page http://docs.moodle.org/27/en/Upload_users

HTH,

AL

In reply to AL Rachels

by Conrad Taylor -
Thanks Al i got the heading from the following help document http://docs.moodle.org/26/en/Upload_courses

I can see where you said the column name are wrong but the link you indicated was for users.

Thanks

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Conrad,

Sorry about that. I was enrolling students this morning and had that page of the documentation open at the same time and I must have copied and pasted the wrong one by accident.

There is still an open bug tracker for both 2.6 and 2.7 that says "Note: Upload courses is not yet compatible with all enrolment methods (MDL-43127)." Maybe that is what is causing the problem.

AL

In reply to AL Rachels

by Conrad Taylor -

Thanks Al looks like I will meed to go in each course and add that enrolment method.

Conrad

by Pieter van der Hijden -

Wait, maybe this helps:

• In the System Admin settings check the default values for the self enrolment method.
  • Create a course upload file, only to UPDATE existing courses, see example below. In my case, for whatever reason, it only worked when I added the extra field enrolment_1_delete.

shortname;enrolment_1;enrolment_1_role;enrolment_1_delete
A011;self;student;0
A268;self;student;0
A268;self;student;0