Online Text Assignment ---Strange Problem

Online Text Assignment ---Strange Problem

by Muhammad Tariq -
Number of replies: 3

Hello everyone !

I am administering Moodle 1.9.7, but now facing a very strange problem:

Once a teacher set up an online Text assignment, all the registered students shows up, But as soon as students submit assignment, they disappear, therefore the tutor is unable to see their work . However, student can see their own work when they are logged in. As tutor can't see their wok so is  not able to  grade the assignment, same is true for the file submission.Me as administrator also can not see student's work.

Any solution please....

Thanks

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Muhammad Tariq

Re: Online Text Assignment ---Strange Problem

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello there. Your Moodle is very very (very!) old and I think the problem is to do with the MySQL database. I remember from years back this issue here: MDL-27638

In reply to Muhammad Tariq

by Rajneel Totaram -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers

This problem happens in new versions of MySQL. We got this problem when we upgraded our MySQL version to v5.5.x. Did you upgrade your MySQL database?

The fix mentioned in MDL-27638 should solve it.

And yes, consider moving to a newer version of Moodle when you can.

In reply to Rajneel Totaram

by Muhammad Tariq -

Thanks Mary Cooch and Rajneel Totaram. Thanks for replying. I agree that my Moodle is (very x100) old, I will  be upgrading to newer version soon.

I followed the instruction in MDL-27638 fix. Instead of deleting the two mentioned lines, I commented them out (which in  is programming is safe to do). When I logged to check the submission , the whole screen is blank (with nothing on it).

What should I do any suggestions?