moving on to next section...

moving on to next section...

by Wendi Daniels -
Number of replies: 5
I set the prerequisite to 5 minutes in section 1 before they can move on to section 2. I waited longer than 5 minutes, no change, no button given, I can't refresh the page and get there...HOW does the system move on to the next page? What did I fail to set correctly?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Wendi Daniels

Re: moving on to next section...

by Joseph Rézeau -
Core developers இன் படம் Particularly helpful Moodlers இன் படம் Plugin developers இன் படம் Testers இன் படம் Translators இன் படம்

Wendi "I set the prerequisite to 5 minutes in section 1 before they can move on to section 2"

There are no "sections" in the Moodle Lesson activity. Are you actually talking about the Lesson activity or something else?

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Wendi Daniels -
Pardon me, Joseph. In "Lesson", under "Lesson Administration">"Edit Settings", you can alter the second lesson (and any thereafter) to be unavailable until you have met the requirements in "prerequisite lesson". Inside "prerequisite lesson" I set the second lesson to be unavailable until 5 minutes had been spent in the first lesson. This is not working right.

by Wendi Daniels -
To test other parts of the lesson, I removed the time prerequisite listed above. Now when I try to click on the second lesson it tells me that the second lesson is unavailable until I have completed the first lesson. In the first lesson, under activity completion, the only thing I have checked is that the student must view the activity in order for it to be "complete", and that it is marked complete when that condition is met.

by Joseph Rézeau -
Core developers இன் படம் Particularly helpful Moodlers இன் படம் Plugin developers இன் படம் Testers இன் படம் Translators இன் படம்

Wendi "In the first lesson, under activity completion, the only thing I have checked is that the student must view the activity in order for it to be "complete", and that it is marked complete when that condition is met."

Ah now you are talking about the "activity completion" and the "conditional access" features, which is something completely different from the "lesson prerequisite" feature.

Unfortunately, what is quite confusing is that the Moodle Lesson activity was the first to have a "prerequisite" or "dependency" feature. Later on, the "activity completion" feature came along, for ALL resources and activities. But the original "prerequisite" feature remained in the Lesson activity. It should really have been removed, to avoid the confusion.

In the Lesson activity, given the large number of options and the possibility to have both the original "prerequisite" feature and the "conditional access" feature, I expect it is an impossible task to test out all the possible combinations.துக்கம்

I do hope you will eventually find a combination that suits your needs and I will open a new discussion to discuss the "double-dependencies" problem.

ATB

Joseph

EDIT.- I edited my original message to include the "conditional access" feature.

by Joseph Rézeau -

Ah, OK, what you call "sections" in your post are actually Lessons, dependent upon one another.

I have just tested the "time spent" Prerequisite dependency on a current version of Moodle (2.7) and it works as expected.

Lesson 01 contains MCQ questions and Content pages.

Lesson 02

Prerequisite lesson : lesson 01
Time spent (minutes): 2
Completed
Grade better than (%)

Please note that the Completed and Grade options are left empty.

Joseph