You don't have permission to access /MDE/mod/lesson/editpage.php on this server

You don't have permission to access /MDE/mod/lesson/editpage.php on this server

imbu danilot - ން
Number of replies: 5

Moodle 2.3.10 (Build: 20131111)

However the issue has been reproduced on a test server Moodle 2.6.2 (Build: 20140310)

Hello,

I am reporting a bizarre issue which is causing us some headhache and and the only workaround we have so far is to replace a a with a an α...

the word tramadol written in a lesson brings up the following error when saving the lesson:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /MDE/mod/lesson/editpage.php on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

P.S. MDE is the subdir where our Moodle app is installed.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It does not seem to be an HTML issue because it happens we tried all sort of tricks but we have not been able to resolve it other than implementing above workaround.

A a matter of fact, the hilarious thing is that if you create a page which has only the word tramadol you will get the error!!!!!

I know I am looking for a needle in a haystack but if anybody has an idea about please tell us!

Thanks in advance
Imbu

Average of ratings: -
In reply to imbu danilot

Re: You don't have permission to access /MDE/mod/lesson/editpage.php on this server

Joseph Rézeau - ން
ފޮޓޯ ފޮޓޯ ފޮޓޯ ފޮޓޯ ފޮޓޯ

Imbu "the word tramadol written in a lesson brings up the following error when saving the lesson:"

This too vague. Which part of a lesson are you typing this word in? Lesson name? Question type? Content page?

Which language is your Moodle site/course in? English? Spanish?

Is "tramadol" a word in a glossary on your moodle site/course ?

Is it the name of an activity?

Please provide more info, screenshots, etc.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: You don't have permission to access /MDE/mod/lesson/editpage.php on this server

imbu danilot - ން

Hello Joseph,

thanks for your reply and sorry if I have not provided enough details.

the issue happens when saving that word (even as a standalone, excluding any other text) in a Content page.

I have not tested anywhere else but the issue we have is to put that word in a lesson content page.

Our Site is in Spanish but I have tried on test enviroment in English and we see the same issue.

Tramadol is not a glossary tag it is just a word which happened to be in the text of the content page of a lesson.

Nor it is a name of an activity.

I may send you screenshots but it would be of very little help.

The way to reproduce the issue is as follows:

1] create a lesson and name it as you wish

2] create a content page and name it as you wish

3] add the word tramadol in the body of the content page.

4] save

when saving it the error will pop up as next page.

I hope that helps to help me ހިނިތުން ވުން

Imbu

In reply to imbu danilot

Mary Cooch - ން
ފޮޓޯ ފޮޓޯ ފޮޓޯ ފޮޓޯ ފޮޓޯ

I just tried this on demo.moodle.net - and I could make content pages with tramadol all over and I didn't get any errorsއެކުވެފައި

In reply to Mary Cooch

Joseph Rézeau - ން
ފޮޓޯ ފޮޓޯ ފޮޓޯ ފޮޓޯ ފޮޓޯ

Hi Mary and thanks for testing.

I see absolutely no reason for this problem to happen. There must be something with the word "tradamol" on the original poster's moodle configuration or database or maybe a virus.

I'm afraid we can't help. At any rate this is not a bug with the Lesson activity.

Joseph

In reply to Mary Cooch

imbu danilot - ން

Hello Mary,

Many thanks for testing it.

that would led to think it could be an Apache PHP setting issue then.

As I said I did try on two different installations and domains but the were hosted by the same organization...

I shall check with debugging mode enabled and see if I can provide more information.

Imbu