2nd tier Views

2nd tier Views

by Rich Benoit -
Number of replies: 1

I am trying to find a way to let the manager see their whole team while letting each shift supervisor see only their people. I know if I make the supervisor a manager role they can see the people assigned to them and if I assign the supervisors to a manager they can see the supervisors as their team but not the people under the supervisor. Is it possible to get the manager to see everyone as their team while the supervisors would only see their people only

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rich Benoit

Re: 2nd tier Views

by scott braithwaite -

I am not certain  on whether the functionality is already built in to moodle or not Rich but you could look at creating this through creating a custom mod, we have done something similar on our site where we have different levels of access for different users but we also have user views where advanced users can see everyone in there group, managers can see everyone but advanced users, and site admin can see everyone.  We did this through custom PHP and MySQL however so if that is an option and no one comes back with another option might be worth looking into, however don't customise the core files extend these made that mistake when I first started coding with moodle 10 months ago.