Classes and Divisions in Moodle

Classes and Divisions in Moodle

by anoop kumar -
Number of replies: 4

Hi All,

I am using Moodle2.6. What I need is to replicate the Classes/Divisions system in Moodle. ie. 10th Standard can be a class/course in the school. For teaching convenience, it will be divided into multiple divisions, say Division A, B, etc. Each teacher will be assigned to one or more Divisions in one ore more Courses. So for a teacher, when he/she creates an activity, need to share it between one or more selected divisions. So, it will not be visible to students who are belongs to other divisions. Is there a way in moodle to do it as in a school? I tried Moodle Groups, and even-though I selected 'separate groups' and a particular grouping, the activity was always accessible to all the students in the course. Besides, 'Groups' and Groupings' options in common module settings is inconsistent over different activity modules. Some has and some hasn't. Eg: Label.

Any help is appreciated.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to anoop kumar

Re: Classes and Divisions in Moodle

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Actually you can use Groupings] with labels and other resources if you use Available for group members only. Here is the documentation page for Moodle 2.6: http://docs.moodle.org/26/en/Available_for_group_members_only

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by anoop kumar -

Hi Mary,

Thanks for your response.

Just saw the settings under 'experimental'. Gonna try that. Thanks

In reply to anoop kumar

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

In your course settings, do you have it set to groups (eg separate groups) and have you actually made any groups and groupings in Course administration>Users>Groups?

Have you enabled the setting in Site administration>Development>Experimental>Experimental settings?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by anoop kumar -

Yes. But the 'Allow members only' setting was nt enabled under experimental settings. Just enabled it and now it works. Thanks a lot for the help