quiz

quiz

by Wendi Daniels -
Number of replies: 4
I am trying to figure out how I make the questions mandatory until they get the right answer. I have it set so they have ample attempts, but it currently allows them to get the wrong answer, and then choose to go on, anyway. How do I make it such that they can keep on guessing, but they cannot go on to the next page until they get the right answer?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Wendi Daniels

Re: quiz

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

You can't.

From the Lesson documentation Lesson_settings#Maximum_Number_of_Attempts:

Maximum Number of Attempts
Decide here how many times you want students to be able to attempt each question. When they reach the maximum, they will be taken automatically to the next page.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Wendi Daniels -
Joseph, thank you for the straight-forward, purely factual answer. I greatly appreciate your knowledge and assistance. Still, there is no way to set a minimum number of attempts? I would like to suggest that this system is not so useful if we can't require the students to at least see the correct answer.
In reply to Wendi Daniels

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Wendi "[...] this system is not so useful if we can't require the students to at least see the correct answer."

If you want the students to see the correct answer to a question, whether they actually found it themselves (through one or more attempts) or not, then you could put that answer at the start of the text of the next page that the students will navigate to.

Joseph