installing an enroll plugin. dependancy problem.

installing an enroll plugin. dependancy problem.

by john Simpson -
Number of replies: 6

I have a problem. I attempted to install an enroll plugin and have got stuck on its installation check-up. The software is called Zilank. I can't seem to use my moodle site anymore until the dependancies check is resolved. These are the instruction stated:

Dependencies check failed for enrol_zilink_guardian, auth_zilink_guardian

To be installed.

You must solve all the plugin requirements before proceeding to install this Moodle version!                   To be installed

The point is that I no longer want this plug-in, and infact I wish I never started to install it.

and it's stopping me doing anything else on Moodle. I can't find anywhere to just delete it, and let moodle get back to normal. When I click update database or continue it remains in the same page.

When I logout and login I return to this page.

How do I get rid of this request to install Zilank

Average of ratings: -
In reply to john Simpson

Re: installing an enroll plugin. dependancy problem.

by Ellio Mourinho -

On the page it will also say what dependencies are missing, you'll need to either install them, or if you don't want the zilink plugin, remove the moodledir/enrol/zilink_guardian and moodledir/auth/zilink_guardian folders from your code.

If you send a pdf of the entire page you're seeing (or screenshot) I could better assist.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Ellio Mourinho

by john Simpson -

Yes now I have read more from the plugin I can see it's a more diverse enrolment system than what I was looking for, something to do with the whole enrolment package of education in the UK. not what I was looking for, as to simply enrolling foreign English language students. So yes,I made a mistake and I don't want to go through all their dependencies, and just want to get rid of it and start afresh. In the future, I will take more care in installing plugins, dependencies for example requiring key numbers from commercials I will avoid.

Here's the screenprint requested.

screen1

by john Simpson -

Success. Moodle says so.

Thank you Ellio. This might make may seem a bit dumb. I've installed Moodle and have started building courses, but I'm not used to going into the background and editing my files. I found two files with Zilink, and it worked.

Please commercials ! Don't give us a hard-time with your plugin dependencies. If you don't want us to simply install it, then don't offer it here. NO keys or other restrictions please. This cost me a lot of precious time and money. I will avoid commercial companies plugins like the plague in future.

In reply to john Simpson

by Ellio Mourinho -

Nothing inherently wrong with commercial plugins, just need to ensure that you're installing the right things and that the tool does what you need it to do smile.

If you wanted to get the ZiLink plugin to work it looks like you needed to install 4 other plugins (the ones in red).

Glad to hear you got your issue resolved though!

by john Simpson -

Nothing wrong at all with commercials, as long as they don't get you stuck somewhere. I was at the time also installing poodll and poodll had a dependancy of requiring another part of software to be installed. But poodll was no problem to me at all, and in fact it's the best and most useful package of plugins I've installed so far.

I will in future just be more careful in reading about the company and its software from it's website, before installing. Or even google it to check up on their ratings.

just in case they are selling key numbers for their software for example. Thank again.  

In reply to john Simpson

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I don't know anything about Zilink, but as this is a commercial service then I assume they will have some support for installation. You will probably be quicker to contact them.

If it says there are dependencies then it's almost certainly true.