Points for questionnaire completion

Points for questionnaire completion

by James Robertson -
Number of replies: 3

The textbook for my course includes several questionnaires, each ending with a written opinion that would be scored.  The form lends itself to a questionnaire ending with an essay box, but I can't see how to award points in the gradebook for completing a questionnaire.  I would like to give 3 points for completing the questionnaire, variable up to 5 points depending on the written question.  The questionnaires are all fullname.  Is there a way to do this?  Would any of the contributed gradebook extensions help?

Thanks,

Jim Robertson.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to James Robertson

Re: Points for questionnaire completion

by Michael Penney -
Questionaire doesn't do anything with any gradebook that I know of, as it lacks a grades function.

Why not a lesson ending with an essay question? Using custom scoring, you could have a 3 point question at the end (or anywhere in the lesson), with all answers worth 3 points. 
In reply to Michael Penney

by James Robertson -

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the suggestion.  My reason for using a questionnaire format is that I have a set of 12 ratings statements (often, some of the time, seldom, never), followed by a written response.  I had also thought I might put the written question into an online assigment and simply add 3 points to the score by hand if the questionnaire has been completed, but your lesson suggestion is worth checking out.  I was also wondering how offline items are normally handled in the gradebook, and had thought I might handle the questionnaire that way (whatever "that way" turns out to be).

Thanks,

Jim.

In reply to James Robertson

by Michael Penney -
Hi James, hmm, well I suppose the ratings statements could be mc questions, but then you'd have to have each one on one page in lesson.

For offline scores, Zibigniew's exam module looks quite promising, though you may have to tweak the questionaire csv file to work properly with his grade upload format.

What I'd really like to see is something like Zig's exam mod, but with the ability to have multiple grades handled by one instance of the module. This gets complicated due to the way the course format prints out the modules, but it may be something we could do with some modifications to the course formats.