Wrong path to login

Wrong path to login

by Butbi Pham -
Number of replies: 5

Hi, 

I have a newbie question. I use Moodle 2.7. When not looged-in users click on the courses it should be forwarded to the login page. However it is the wrong path (i.e. www.mysite.com/user/login?destination=course/view.php?id=xx) isntead of www.mysite.com/login?destination=course/view.php?id=xx

They will get the error: "The requested URL /user/login was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

How can I fix this (remove "user" in the login path)?

Thank you.

H.Son

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Butbi Pham

Re: Wrong path to login

by john Simpson -

This might not be the full answer, but it is something I had to do. When you are on the correct page of your login site, copy the link at the top of your browser. And paste it as a hyperlink for your students to click and login.

Sorry, its not very geeky or technical, but it worked for me.

In reply to Butbi Pham

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

This sounds like a bug - you should file a tracker item.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Butbi Pham -

Thank you. 

I've juts filed a tracker item. This seems to be odd because I don't find problem like that on search.

In reply to Butbi Pham

by Marina Glancy -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Moodle Workplace team Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

What is the issue number?

This sounds weird and I don't think it's a moodle bug

In reply to Marina Glancy

by Butbi Pham -

It isn't a bug. My item is closed. I got reply from Dan: "You either have an alternateloginurl configured or your server configuration is causing this redirect."

I've checked again and found it must be caused by a plugin. I've removed this plugin and it works again.

Thank you.