Sierra Sara Block?

Sierra Sara Block?

by Steve Ambro v3.8 -
Number of replies: 6

Maybe we need a filter that deletes all messages that have one sentence containing more 125+ words.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steve Ambro v3.8

Re: Sierra Sara Block?

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Maybe you do?

I'll bite... before I delete this, what or who is 'Sierra Sara'?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Howard Miller

by Steve Ambro v3.8 -

There is some kind of rodent out there that creates messages just to infest fora.  It usually contains a fake return eddress and the body contains fake URL that causes the spread of a virus or two.  The identifying feature is that it is usually a  single sentence of over 150 - 200 words and no punctuation. (Hence the block as mentioned)

I received one relayed from here lately but I deleted it.  I see that the one posted here has been deleted.  This most recent one was from "Sierra Sara".

by dawn alderson -

Howard,

you surprise me. I shall let you know the answer.  Sierra Sara sends messages from the Starship Enterprise.

Now come on!

D

smile

In reply to dawn alderson

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Oh ok... they're usually gone before I notice smile

Re: reporting spam

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Thanks to everyone who lets us know about any spam forum posts using the 'Report as spam' link, enabling us to quickly delete the spam and block the spammer's account.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)