2.6 -> 2.7 - Assignment Upgrader Issues

2.6 -> 2.7 - Assignment Upgrader Issues

by Melissa Benson -
Number of replies: 2

We were on 2.6+ and last night we upgraded to version 2.7+ (Build: 20140626). Everything went fine, I received an email telling me I had some assignments that needed to be upgraded via the upgrade assignment helper.

I went in and did that and many assignments were upgraded perfectly fine. There are  100 assignments from only 2 courses that are having issues.

#1 - When I upgrade the assignments it actually does say yes it was upgraded. However, when I go back to the list the same ones that said they were a success are still showing as not upgraded. When I visit that activity it says "The legacy "Assignment 2.2" activity has been disabled. Please request that your site administrator runs the assignment upgrade tool for all legacy assignments in this site."

#2 - The other course just has some assignments that are simply not able to be upgraded. "The assignment conversion was not successful. The log from the upgrade was:
Could not convert assignment. Exception was: Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: Missing or invalid ->cm for completion condition." They are online assignments. 

When I go to the course there are actually errors and the blocks are messed up overlapping each other. (see attachment). However, when I click on editing mode, the blocks and layout will be fine!

I am also just noticing that each time I try and upgrade, 1 of the assignments in the course #2 issue is duplicating itself! I now have 13 of the same assignments! What the?!

Okay, testing some more. So weird. So it looks like moodle is duplicating the first assignment it's trying to upload, so I have one assignment with the correct assignment and one with the disabled one. When I delete the disabled one and keep the one that was duplicated..it will take that away from my "needs to be upgraded" list and does the same thing to the next one in line.

If I continue to do this..do you think it will screw anything up? Anyone know what's causing these issues?

Attachment Screen-Shot-2014-07-03-at-10.46.gif
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Melissa Benson

Re: 2.6 -> 2.7 - Assignment Upgrader Issues

by Joel Roberts -

I'm having the exact same issue and I am stumped as well!

Average of ratings: Useful (1)