Change how courses are viewed.

Change how courses are viewed.

by Tim Bryan -
Number of replies: 3

Hello all.

Basically I'm revamping the looks for a college's Moodle page and they've asked if we can change the way courses are viewed. At the moment it looks a bit of a mess because there are lots of courses and the page scrolls down for an eternity.

What we would like to do is adapt it's look by creating a tab stricter, similar to tabs in internet browsers or the ribbons in Word, so that we can break the courses up into categories and use the tab structure to prevent endless scrolling.

I've got a fair bit of HTML and CSS knowledge, and some experience with php. I would appreciate any input or advice anyone can offer to help us achieve these ideas.

Many thanks, Tim.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tim Bryan

Re: Change how courses are viewed.

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Do you mean on the front page of the Moodle site? You could use  the topic section and add graphics to represent each category and link each graphic to its corresponding category. You don't need HTML or CSS for that.

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Change how courses are viewed.

by Tim Bryan -

Hi Mary, thank for your reply. That is the kind of thing I'm looking for. I'll give that a go and see how it works out. Thanks again, 

Tim.