how to create jokes?

how to create jokes?

by murugan m -
Number of replies: 6

Hello,

I am using moodle 2.3.

To induce my learners, I want create and use jokes in my web site.

But I do not know, how to create and include in moodle server.

Can any one please tell me?

my thanks in advance.

m.murugan

Average of ratings: -
In reply to murugan m

Re: how to create jokes?

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

Hi Murugan, you are probably posting in the wrong forum here, but I think you might be wanting to post as a daily joke or something. This is not a development issue but you can create a new joke every day and post it to the front page as a news item, 

Alternatively, if you want a catalogue of jokes, then you can post into a course, then allow every user to access the course. 

If you are thinking that you want to create a comic theme, an interface, for users to be encouraged to think in a comedic manner, then perhaps you might want to start reading the Theme documentation in Moodle Docs, and visiting the theme forums. You will get a lot of help there. 

Of course, if you really want a joke, use a different LMS, so let's play charades. First clue, two words concatenated. Second clue, first word - is a colour, or rather a non-colour - second word, 5 letters, old saying, "stiff as a _ _ _ _ _"  ryhmes with broad. No more clues... 

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to murugan m

by Conn Warwicker -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers

Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Canoe.
Canoe who?
Canoe help me with my homework?

Check the handouts on Moodle.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Conn Warwicker

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Why did the chicken cross over to use Moodle?

Because of the licence fees and lack of flexibility of their commercial VLE.

(I'll get me coat)

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to murugan m

by Matt Bury -
Picture of Plugin developers

Yes, this question doesn't belong in the developer forum. Perhaps the teaching with Moodle forum?

As a suggestion, you can put the jokes into a Glossary module instance, one joke per entry so that you end up with a "dictionary of jokes", and then use the Glossary block to display the jokes at random:

http://docs.moodle.org/27/en/Glossary_module

http://docs.moodle.org/27/en/Random_glossary_entry_block

I hope this helps! smile

In reply to Matt Bury

by dawn alderson -

'Yes, this question doesn't belong in the developer forum. Perhaps the teaching with Moodle forum?'

whahahaha.........a cheeky-chappy gag Matt!

smile