Missed upgrade sequence now cannot install activity

Missed upgrade sequence now cannot install activity

by Tom Moseley -
Number of replies: 9

Hi 

We recently made the jump from Moodle 1.9 to 2.6 during this upgrade process we updated blocks and activities etc. We missed the questionnaire activity.

So we basically had it working on moodle 1.9 but now when i try to install any of the versions from 2.2 to 2.6 they all just stay on upgrading screen. I notice it says on the page to install 2.2 first but that doesn't work either.

Does anyone have a solution? Is it possible to save the questionnaires on there currently or are they gone? Can i at least install a fresh copy of the activity some way even if i cannot save the questionnaires.

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tom Moseley

Re: Missed upgrade sequence now cannot install activity

by Rob Johnson -

Do you have a copy of your 1.9 site?  If yes, you should be able to upgrade the copy through the appropriate sequence.  When finished, export the database tables from the copy and import into the production site.

Before doing this, you would delete questionnaire from your production site and install the 2.6 version fresh.  The imported data would fill the appropriately set up tables from the fresh install.

In reply to Rob Johnson

by Tom Moseley -

Would the correct sequence be to upgrade from 1.9 to 2.2 update the block then go 2.2>2.3>2.4>2.5>2.6 updating the block at each release?

Do you know the names of the tables i would need to export?

Thanks

In reply to Tom Moseley

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

@Tom,

Questionnaire is a plugin/module/add-on, it's not a "block".

Updating your Moodle site from version 1.9 to 2.6 is a huge step. The normal and surest way to do things is to update regularly, as the new major versions come along. If you can survive losing your current Questionnaire data and rewriting your questionnaires, at this stage the best way would be to complete remove Questionnaire (and data) from your Moodle 2.6 site and install a clean, 2.6 Questionnaire version.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Tom Moseley -

Hi

We only have a couple of questionnaires so i am going got go for a clean install. Do you have a list of the where we would need to delete it from? We have tried deleting the tables beginning mdl_questionnaire and deleted it from mdl_modules but it is still picking up the old version.

Thanks

In reply to Tom Moseley

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

@Tom,

That's not the correct way to delete an add-on. You must do it through the admin interface.

"it is still picking up the old version." what do you mean?

Joseph

by Tom Moseley -

Hi 

It shows this when copying in the 2.6 version.

questionnaire activity

In reply to Tom Moseley

by Joseph Rézeau -

The New version number is OK. What happens if you click the "upgrade" button next?

by Tom Moseley -

It just sticks on this screen.

In reply to Tom Moseley

by Tom Moseley -

Managed to fix it. There was another reference in one of the tables. Removed it and it installed fine.

Cheers for your help.