Repositories

Create webdav repository instance in user context not available

Picture of Claude Weber
Create webdav repository instance in user context not available

Hello

I have upgraded from 2.6 to 2.7 and I am not able to create an instance for a webdav repository in the user context.

I have enabled the "Allow users to add a repository instance into the user context" setting in the webdav repository, but neither a teacher nor course creator can do it. The create button is missing on the My Profile>Repositories page of the user. The admin user can do so.

I have seen that only "View..." permissions are available. Has this changed in 2.7 or do I miss a setting somewhere.

Thanks for your help,

Claude

Average of ratings: -
Mary Cooch
Re: Create webdav repository instance in user context not available
Documentation writersMoodle Course Creator Certificate holdersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersTestersTranslators

Did it work for you before? My understanding is that only admins can have repository instances in the user context.  This is certainly the case for the File system repository If you have been able to do this before 2.7, please say; otherwise I will edit the documentation accordingly. Might this tracker report also be of help? MDL-34945

Picture of Claude Weber

Hello

Yes, it worked before. I realised that the users I used for testing did not have the required capabilities. Indeed, you need to be at least teacher on system level to have this. The user did have course creator on a category and was teacher of a course within that category. That was not enough. I guess because the repository capability is a system capability, isn't it?

Thanks anyway

Claude

Mary Cooch
Documentation writersMoodle Course Creator Certificate holdersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersTestersTranslators

Ah thankyou for reporting back smile

Picture of Andreas Schenkel
Particularly helpful Moodlers

Same in Moodle 2.7.3 ...

A teacher can add webdav-repository in course-context but NOT in user-context.

In https://domain...../moodle/repository/manage_instances.php?contextid=

there is no Link to add a webdav-repository

Picture of Andreas Schenkel
Particularly helpful Moodlers
Ah ... there was missing someting ... configure the role

with the right   "repository/webdav:view 
"

Then a User can add a webdavrepository in the usercontext

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
Picture of Laura Martín

Hello!

We've been searching a solution for the problem discribed in this thread on moodle 2.9.3+, we've revisited   MDL-34945 but individual users with capability repository/webdav:view not be able add repositories.

Thanks by advanced!