What will happen when pass percentage is changed in attempted quiz?

What will happen when pass percentage is changed in attempted quiz?

yazan vinoth kannan -
Yanıt sayısı: 4

Hi All,
We use Moodle 2.4.2 we have a quiz when set to pass percentage as 50% and the quiz is attempted twice i can see previous review.

When i changed the pass percentage to 45% and checked the quiz i cannot see previous attempts.

I can see the quiz with attempt quiz with no previous attempt.

Is there any specific reason that when we change the pass percentage on attempted quiz all the entries will be deleted.

Thanks in advance

Vinoth

vinoth kannan yanıt olarak

Re: What will happen when pass percentage is changed in attempted quiz?

yazan Tim Hunt -
Core developers 'ın resmi Documentation writers 'ın resmi Particularly helpful Moodlers 'ın resmi Peer reviewers 'ın resmi Plugin developers 'ın resmi

This should not happen.

Can you provide clear step-by-step instructions for how to reproduce this, starting with creating a new course.

Tim Hunt yanıt olarak

yazan vinoth kannan -

Hi Tim,
I did for testing purpose
1. First i created course called Demo quiz in the existing category Quiz
2. Then in activity i choose quiz
3. I gave quiz as Demo2 and choose Highest Grade, already review otpions are selected by default
4, In Over all feedback i gave Cleared for 50% an below as Not cleared
5. Saved the Quiz and retured to course
6. Clicked the quiz it asked for edit the quiz to add question (I use admin login)
7. Added multichoice quiz
8. Entered 5 Questions Manually with Default Mark 1, one answer only 100% for correct answer and None for wrong answer Penalty for each question to 0%
9. Saved the questions
10. Clicked the course now i see Attempt quiz now button clicked and attempted the quiz
11. 4 Wrong answers and 1 correct answer. finished the quiz with grade 20% which is not cleared. Now i can see the summary of previous attempts.
12. I logout and logged in again and clicked the quiz i can see the previous summary.
12. Now i went to course and edited the quiz setting Grade boundary as 25% (previous 50%)
13. I saved the quiz and clicked on it now i cannot see the previous attempt summary. But i see the attempt quiz like the start i without the previous summary.
14. I checked the log and clicked the quiz review action Url changed to /Moodle/mod/quiz/review.php?attempt=24
15. But the following error is thrown
Can not find data record in database table quiz_attempts.

More information about this error

Debug info: SELECT * FROM {quiz_attempts} WHERE id = ?
[array (
0 => 24,
)]
Error code: invalidrecord
Stack trace:
?line 1357 of \lib\dml\moodle_database.php: dml_missing_record_exception thrown
?line 1333 of \lib\dml\moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->get_record_select()
?line 490 of \mod\quiz\attemptlib.php: call to moodle_database->get_record()
?line 508 of \mod\quiz\attemptlib.php: call to quiz_attempt::create_helper()
?line 46 of \mod\quiz\review.php: call to quiz_attempt::create()

16. When i click continue button it goes to home page.
17. I did it for testing purpose only to test what will happen when we change the grade boundary of previously attempted quiz. Did i missed something or i am completely wrong.
Thanks in Advance
Vinoth

yazan vinoth kannan -

Hi Tim,
This is all done using admin login. But when i tested it using student login and logged out and changed grade using admin login and when i see the quiz i can see the previous attempts. I was confused that no message was given when i take quiz as admin (like it is preview and attempt will not be counted etc).
Thanks
Vinoth

yazan Tim Hunt -
Core developers 'ın resmi Documentation writers 'ın resmi Particularly helpful Moodlers 'ın resmi Peer reviewers 'ın resmi Plugin developers 'ın resmi

Right.

When you take the quiz as admin or teacher, it is a Preview, not a real attempt, and so may get deleted automatically when you edit things.

I realise that the UI does not make this clear enough, althoug it does try to display some things differently.