Width of the pictures and videos

Width of the pictures and videos

by Ralf Krause -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators

Hello Justin,

the pictures and the videos are not wide enough when they are recorded with the PoodLL plugin. Is this a problem of Flash? The ratio width:height is not 4:3. When I manually adjust the width and the height I get better results.

Ralf

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ralf Krause

Re: Width of the pictures and videos

by Justin Hunt -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

The capture sizes are all in 4:3 ratio. The video window on the recorder is probably not 4:3, so it might look a little different there to when the recording is viewed in a player.

Where do you actually see the problem? Is it on the recorder itself, or in the player after it is recorded? 

In reply to Justin Hunt

by Ralf Krause -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators

Hallo Justin,

I don't know why I get pictures in Moodle which are not wide enough. In your demo session I found that all pictures should get 10 or 20 percent more in their width. Perhaps this is a problem with flash or with Moodle but i don't know.

Ralf

In reply to Ralf Krause

by Justin Hunt -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Because we should always look at the simple causes first ... is it possible your browser's zoom setting is over 100%. eg 120% or something like that? With some browser/os combinations it is possible to unwittingly zoom using your mouse wheel or touching the screen. 

If you see the problem again, maybe you could take a few screenshots or a screencast of it?