Flat Files and self-enrollment

Flat Files and self-enrollment

by Torin Hill -
Number of replies: 1
I have a course that I am trying to recreate in Moodle.
There are 3 tiers to the program:
  • Tier 1 is the distance learning assignments that all students take (I think this would equate to a metacourse)
  • Tier 2 is distance learning + didactic portion (course work hidden from tiers 1 & 3)
  • Tier 3 is distance learning + physical labs (course work hidden from tiers 1 & 2).
Within each of these tiers will be students of varying experience: Levels 1,2 & 3.
For each of these levels, the course work would be hidden from their predecessors (level 2 course work is invisible to level 1, yet level 2 can contribute to level 1 discussions). To further complicate matters, I am looking to have a single grade for each tier even though a member of tier 3 is simultaneously also in tier1--essentially how did the person do across all of the course work, labs & distance learning.

I am having an immense amount of difficulty trying to conceive of the course structures--in light of the fact that on my test moodle, as a student I can choose to enroll in any class I want. The enrollment key solution doesn't provide sufficient control over enrollment, as it can easily be shared amongst students.

Please recommend a course/group/enrollment structure! I am totally new to this and wish I had a better game plan. I am coming off of having a phpBB forum with huge amounts of kludged mods to try and affect a CMS solution. Bad idea. Moodle = Great Idea!
Attachment conundrum.gif
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Torin Hill

Re: Flat Files and self-enrollment

by Torin Hill -
I discovered the flatfile.
At least the issue of self-enrollment has been resolved.

Any ideas on a structure?
3 installs of moodle? 3 seperate course categories?