Students can't reply or add new forum posts

Students can't reply or add new forum posts

by Vicki Baddeley -
Number of replies: 2

Hi

I'm new to moodle and have recently set up a series of courses and forums. Currently at the testing stage I have asked all internal staff to add to the forums and make them lively, however they are unable to reply to posts or add new discussion topics? Those who did it last week however were able to?! When I log in as an administrator I get the option to reply or add a new topic, but when I log in as one of the users don't.

I am not talking about the news forums, these are general discussion forums. Please help!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Vicki Baddeley

Re: Students can't reply or add new forum posts

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Are you using groups? Perhaps you could post a screenshot of your settings in one of these forums?

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Students can't reply or add new forum posts

by Vicki Baddeley -

Hi

The forum was on the front page so I think I have just got to the bottom of the problem. I have changed the Authenticated front page user permissions and think I've cracked it, awaiting colleagues testing it but when I log in as a student it now seems to be working! Thank you.