How to organize a lesson

How to organize a lesson

by saadat rahimi -
Number of replies: 4

Hi

I have different courses which I want to be broken down into units and then units to tasks.

Each student should be able to see the list of tasks and go through them one by one in such way that task 2 is dependent on task 1.

In other word student should complete the task 1 to be able to start go to task 2. The content of learning is video and I know that video is considered as resource in moodle . So I need another trick to keep track of task completion. 

My question is what kind of course format is suitable? Or is there a course format (other than the default ones) which I can add to moodle? And how can I easily keep track of task and unit completion.

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to saadat rahimi

Re: How to organize a lesson

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

You can use Activity completion along with Conditional activities with this and use any course format.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by saadat rahimi -

Then I assume I should define tasks as activity. Right? 

Can moodle keep track of viewing a video for a user? (I want to make sure user watch the video for completion) 

In reply to saadat rahimi

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
You could put your video in a Page resource and that will work. And no; there is no way to ensure a student watches the whole video apart from asking them questions relating to certain elements of the middle and end of the video.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by saadat rahimi -

Thanks a lot. But let me review : I should useActivity completion along with Conditional activities for the units in the courses  and page resource for video (image or document) content.