student sign in

student sign in

by Peggy Welage -
Number of replies: 3

I would like to know if a student can "log in" to Moodle as a way for me to track attendance at a distant location?

I would need to know the time and date the student arrives and leaves the educational site.

I am do not have in depth knowledge of computers, so adding it to my Moodle site would have to be "easy"!

Thank you

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peggy Welage

Re: student sign in

by Joseph Baxter -

If you got to Administration > Reports > Logs

You can see when users login and logout if you search for "All Activities" and "All Changes".

You then need to search the page for "User login" / "User logout".

You are probably best off saving the log as a spreadsheet and filtering by Action.

Joseph Baxter

University of Nottingham

In reply to Peggy Welage

by Peggy Welage -

Thank you for your help- I think this will be workable, however, just one issue: when I tested it by logging in, the time recorded for the login was 1530 but should have been 1630- it appears that the login time is recorded in a different time zone possibly?  Can I change this?

In reply to Peggy Welage

by Joseph Baxter -

Hi Peggy,

This is probably due to your timezone setting for moodle if you go to Site administration > Location > Location Settings then check the value of "Default timezone".

If this is set to "Server's local time" you will need to get in contact with a systems administrator to confirm the timezone setting used by php on the server.

Joseph Baxter

University of Nottingham