Moving full weeks of resources/Discoveries

Moving full weeks of resources/Discoveries

by Steve Ambro v3.8 -
Number of replies: 4

I hope I am not the only one to know this but I am thankful it is there.

In 2.7, I was moving weeks around by dragging. It is a drag, really. It is slow, imprecise...  However, I accidentally clicked on the move icon and a screen popped up asking to which week I wanted to move it. Quick and direct!

However, here is a perplexity: When I am dragging a week of resources, if I move the cursor to the left or right of the drag icon, the whole schedule drifts to the left or right.  How strange is that?  Is there any benefit for this phemon?

Work Saver: I added a week to the course and used the extra week as a shopping cart.  As I drag it up/down the list of weeks, I can collect resources to move by dragging them in or out as needed. The point is that anything in the shopping cart are moved all at once when it is dragged.

The only real catch here is that you have to move it to the bottom of the list when you are done or put the number of weeks back to what they should be as it throws off dates.  Still, it is useful.  Maybe by Moodle 5.8 this will be a tool instead.

Life is good.....

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steve Ambro v3.8

Re: Moving full weeks of resources/Discoveries

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Steve,

Learn something new every day...nice to know about the topic move.

By the way, there is a shopping cart block available for download from Moodle plugins. It has a number of nice features such as letting you move resources, assignments, etc., from one course to another, as well as from one topic to another. It is also another quick way of duplicating an item.

AL

In reply to AL Rachels

by Steve Ambro v3.8 -

Is there some magic secret name/source for this plugin?  Unless I missed it, I went through the entire list of plugins and did not see it.

In reply to Steve Ambro v3.8

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Steve,

I'm not sure why it is not in the Blocks plugins of Moodle, but it is actively being maintained and  available at github: https://github.com/VERSION2-Inc/moodle-block_sharing_cart

AL