Earning duplicate badges

Earning duplicate badges

by Octavia Hirst -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows whether you can award more than one of a particular badge? Our badges are specific to skills, not activities, so it is possible for an individual to do two different activities and earn a badge for each one.

Is this possible, and if so, how would I set it up?

Thanks,

Tavi

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Octavia Hirst

Re: Earning duplicate badges

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I think you could do this if you set the same image file for each activity (so the same badge but with different conditions) I presume Moodle will then think it is two separate badges. I haven't tried it though.

In reply to Octavia Hirst

by John Andrewartha -
Awarding a badge from Moodle is based on some activity you have done in Moodle. How are you assessing the skill?

You can manually award a badge, when you feel the competency is achieved?
In reply to John Andrewartha

by John Andrewartha -

Moodle Badges, is based on a pass or complete activity, there is no concept of half a badge or extra badge for additional work. The short answer is No. sad

I should also point out that there can be a tendency to over award or saturate use of badges, this tends to devalue them.

Using the Moodle forum rating system may a better way and then award badges on completion.