Moodle 2.6 - Cannot Exceed limit of a Grade Item

Moodle 2.6 - Cannot Exceed limit of a Grade Item

by Ken Moyer -
Number of replies: 3

I've added a gradebook Grade Item (in moodle 2.6), but can't seem to keep a score for a student above the 100-point limit. As soon as the Grader report is refreshed, the score is back to 100. The idea was to include a possibility of giving some students more than 100 points.  I've tried adding a custom scale, but the drop-down menu only allows up to 100 points. This was possible in our previous version (moodle 2.4). 

Any simple work-around without requiring Admin privileges?

Thanks

In reply to Ken Moyer

Re: Moodle 2.6 - Cannot Exceed limit of a Grade Item

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

This is an admin setting in the grade book settings.  Can you not ask them to change it?

In reply to Ken Moyer

by Marty Soupcoff -

As Emma said, there is a specific Unlimited Grade setting that your admin needs to enable to allow this. I thought I would add on where it is located in case you are able to convince your admins to enable it and they can't find it. It is located in the Site Admin block > Grades > General Settings; only admins will see this section though.

Happy Moodle Logooodling!

In reply to Marty Soupcoff

by Ken Moyer -

Marty and Emma - thank you very much. I will make the request of our IT department for the unlimited grade setting.