Glossary - across courses but not global

Glossary - across courses but not global

by Michelle Hollister -
Number of replies: 6

Greetings all,

We have a few courses that would benefit from access to the same glossary, but don't want the glossary to be across the whole site (i.e. not global). Is there any way of allowing a few courses to access the same glossary?  We are using this for an Antarctic glossary - accessed by the observer course, engineers course and forecasters course - similar conceptual terminology topics.

Thanks

Michelle

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michelle Hollister

Re: Glossary - across courses but not global

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Michelle,

What you want would be a nice feature to have, however it is not available in Moodle.sad

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Michelle Hollister -

Well... bother! Thanks for the reply, maybe I will request it in the tracker.

Cheers

Michelle

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Michelle "[...] maybe I will request it in the tracker"

If you do, please remember to put the tracker issue reference in this discussion.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Michelle Hollister -
Ok I have entered it! I think this is the ID? Does that look right to you?  MDL-46057
cheers
Michelle

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Bump: https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-46057

Please vote!

I think this is an amazing idea to have a Department Level glossary. 

I must say that the idea of a class level glossary where students can add important terms is amazing. So maybe the "department level glossary" that students cannot edit would/should be an entirely different thing?

My school uses an outside source to (Quizlet) to house a shared library of terms. I would rather use a Moodle feature that accomplishes this goal than use an outside source. Maybe there is a plug in that someone can recommend?

by Paula Clough -

Michelle,

Do you want the feature of auto-linking or just for the students to have access to the database links and maybe be able to post to it?