css tag for new theme

css tag for new theme

by Kyle Graham -
Number of replies: 6

Hello, I'm currently trying to create a new theme, It has been requested by a few students to create a darker theme, so I decided to take a crack at it. I have found  that there are at least two areas I cannot change the color of, they are in the Activity report. I'm including a screen shot with the areas circled. I am just wondering what the code is to change their color, I have been trying different combinations for around three hours, and I either change nothing or too many other things.

Hope you can help!

Kyle

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kyle Graham

Re: css tag for new theme

by Kyle Graham -

Sorry, took me a while to get the image uploaded

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

In reply to Kyle Graham

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Kyle,

In the file moodle/course/user.php please find the line
echo "<td valign=\"top\" bgcolor=\"white\">";
(approx line 180) and change it to
echo "<td valign=\"top\">";
(I've posted this as bug 3610 smile)

(Edited by Martin Dougiamas - Friday, 24 June 2005, 06:24 AM)

In reply to Kyle Graham

by David Scotson -

Does the following CSS not work?

#course-user .section td { background-color: #000; }

Though Helen is of course correct that this is a bug and should be fixed as well. I generally aim to diverge from the main Moodle codeline as little as possible, though sometimes it is necessary.

In reply to David Scotson

by Kyle Graham -
Thank you both very much for the help, I went with Davids solution to avoid editing the main moodle data (I wouldn't know how to undo anything I somehow managed to mess up)
In reply to Kyle Graham

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Kyle, it's good to know you've solved your problem! smile

David, thanks for pointing out a simpler solution! smile

Eloy, thanks for fixing the bug! smile