Assignment upload appearing to another student

Assignment upload appearing to another student

by Andy Taggart -
Number of replies: 2

Two teachers have reported four examples this week where an assignment uploaded by one student is appearing in the assignment submission page of other students.
Moodle 2.5,  advanced assignment

The students in whose submission page the wrong assignment is appearing have not uploaded it - ie they are not trying to cheat. I have checked the logs and the db (assignment submission tables) and for those students there is no record of them uploading anything but when I view their assignment submission page I can see the uploaded assignment of a completely different student.
Anyone else experienced similar and anyone have  a clue what's going on?

More bizarrely when the teachers view submitted assignments for the groups there is nothing there for the students on whose assignment submission page the file the other student has uploaded appears. The file does appear for the student who actually did upload the file.

Help please if anyone can

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andy Taggart

Re: Assignment upload appearing to another student

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Is this a group assignment?

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Assignment upload appearing to another student

by Andy Taggart -

No its not - students on the course have been put into groups for admin reasons but the assignments are not set to be grouped in terms of collaboration. Teacher has just told me that after the first student uploaded her assignment it was then updated from a 2.2 assignment to a 2.5 advanced assignment - and that's the only assignment that has had this problem - so possibly a link there but not sure what