Links to images and documents in 2.7

Links to images and documents in 2.7

by David Reid -
Number of replies: 0

I'm unable to create a link in a wiki to a document. I am unable to insert an image in a wiki page. 

First let me start of by saying that I did search for answers to this issue but could find only information on how to link to a document or add in image to a Moodle course but not to a wiki page. If there is information related to this and I missed, my apologies for the duplication. 

I am creating pages in a Moodle wiki in HTML mode. 

I am able to upload documents and images using the file tab. However, when I go to use those files in the wiki page itself, I get errors or I get nothing. 

Here are the steps I am following:

1. I create a link to a new non existant page.
  2. I click on the red link to initiate creation of the page.
  3. I enter some text and then need to create a link to a Word document stored in files.
  4. I click on the link tool in the tool bar. I receive a dialog box for enter the URL or a button for browse the repositories.
  5. I click on browse repositories
  6. I receive a File picker dialog asking with a choose file button.
  7. On the right I click on the embedded file link. (This is the only link that shows me the files I've uploaded using the File upload function.)
  8. I choose a file from the list.
  9. I get a dialog with Select this file or Cancel as options.
  10. I click on Select this file.
  11. The dialog box closes and I'm back in the editor for my page.
  12. Nothing is there. Just the text I entered earlier. No link. Nothing. 

The process for embedding a picture is identical to this. 

1. I enter some text and then need to embed an image  stored in files.
  2. I click on the picture tool in the tool bar. I receive a dialog box for enter the URL or a button for browse the repositories.
  3. I click on browse repositories
  4. I receive a File picker dialog asking with a choose file button.
  5. On the right I click on the embedded file link. (This is the only link that shows me the files I've uploaded using the File upload function.)
  6. I choose a file from the list.
  7. I get a dialog with a thumbnail of the image, a URL, a Browse repositories button, a describe this image field, a Save image button, etc. 
  8. I click on Description not necessary.
  9. I click on save  this image.
  10. The dialog box closes and I'm back in the editor for my page.
  11. Nothing is there. Just the text I entered earlier. No link. Nothing. 
Can someone help me with this? I have been unable to find answers that apply to the wiki. 

Thank you for your help. I'm in the process of creating a lesson for which this is essential and I've burned up 2 days of time working on this to no avail. I will be eternally grateful to anyone who can help. 
Average of ratings: -