Direct Linking to Files in Moodle 2.6 for audit purposes

Direct Linking to Files in Moodle 2.6 for audit purposes

by Scott Gage -
Number of replies: 1

Hi Folks,

After combing through the File API Internals page http://docs.moodle.org/dev/File_API_internals I've been trying to build links to files based on information solely from the Moodle database.

The reason for this is we provide reports to our copyright team and as part of their audit process they require direct links to files as they view each file in the report. This was a simple task in Moodle 1.9 (our previous implementation) as we could build the URL via file.php. Looking at the references to pluginfile.php in the File API document mentioned earlier it looks like this is also possible in 2.6, however it involves a lot more complexity.

So my questions are two fold:

1. Is this possible or am I misreading the pluginfile.php section?

2. Can someone provide an example of directly linking to a file based only on database information? The File API example they mention confuses me somewhat since they mention things like mod_assignment but in the m_files table there is only mod_assign.

Thanks,

Scott

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Scott Gage

Re: Direct Linking to Files in Moodle 2.6 for audit purposes

by Steven Parker -

Hi Scott

Did you figure out how to get a direct url to a file in Moodle. Similarly the organisation I work for is going through an audit and I need direct url to files in Moodle database.

Steven