Mixing languages in quiz questions

Mixing languages in quiz questions

by Van Widger -
Number of replies: 4

Hi;

If this had been discussed earlier, pleas point me to the appropriate posts.

My Seminary offers Greek and Hebrew classes to Biblical Studies students.  How would an instructor intersperse Greek or Hebrew words or phrases into a quiz question?  I suspect this type of query would also apply to any other 'A_language as a Second Language' scenario quizzes.

Thanks,

Van     

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Van Widger

Re: Mixing languages in quiz questions

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Van,

I have done it just a couple of times with my students, and I am by no means fluent in any other language, so I use Google Translate. I type in English, then just copy and paste the translation over into Moodle. Between GT and Moodle it just seems to work and shows up in the correct font/language.

Excuse me if this is entirely incorrect...but....

Το έχω κάνει μόνο μια-δυο φορές με τους μαθητές μου, και είμαι με κανένα τρόπο άπταιστα σε οποιαδήποτε άλλη γλώσσα, έτσι μπορώ να χρησιμοποιήσω το Google Translate. Τύπου Ι στα αγγλικά, στη συνέχεια, απλά να αντιγράψετε και να επικολλήσετε τη μετάφραση πάνω σε Moodle. Μεταξύ GT και Moodle φαίνεται ακριβώς για να εργαστούν και να εμφανίζεται στη σωστή γραμματοσειρά / γλώσσας.

AL

In reply to Van Widger

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Are you asking about how to put in other character sets, e.g. Cyrillic?

In reply to Marcus Green

by dawn alderson -

...and-could be wrong....but if drafting in microsoft word, it uses html...unicode may do what you need and I think this is possible to transfer into Moodle? Massive guess-work here :0)

Dawn

In reply to Van Widger

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.