Removing completed courses from mycourses home page

Re: Svar: Removing completed courses from mycourses home page

by Lucy Sanders -
Number of replies: 4

I am having the same problem.  Is there no way it will remove from thier courses once completed other than unsubscribing themselves?

In reply to Lucy Sanders

by John Turner -

I have this same question.  Do the students really need to unenroll for the course to stop appearing in the My Courses box?

In reply to John Turner

by Mike Verna -

i am not sure which version of Moodle you are speaking of, there are ways of doing this.

Go to the the course administration section, go to Enrolled Users, click on the pencil or gear on the line of the student's name.  That will open up a box you can change active to suspended.   This will make the course site unavailable to the student, while keeping the name in the course.

In reply to Mike Verna

by John Turner -

Not sure about the others on this thread but we're using 2.5.3. 

If I understand correctly, unless students or admins manually 'unenroll' (or remove students from a class), the students are forever enrolled.  Even when they've met the course completion minimums set in the Course completion settings and received their grade or score, they're considered enrolled until manual 'unenrollment' occurs?  Is that correct?

Ugh.

In reply to John Turner

by Mike Verna -

I do not know a way without a teacher's or admin's  interaction.  Perhaps there is a way.