Generico Filter - a template maker

Re: Generico Filter - a template maker

by Justin Hunt -
Number of replies: 8
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Thanks for posting back Christian. Glad you got it working.

Though I still think the original way could work, personally I would put the whole form in a template myself as you have done. So it sounds like you are on the right track now. If you run into more trouble, export and post the template bundle here. 

(exporting bundles is explained here: https://support.poodll.com/solution/articles/19000086450-how-to-use-generico-bundles )

In reply to Justin Hunt

Adapting narration template

by Javier Oteiza -

Hi all,
Thanks a million for giving me the solution to a problem that I had been trying to solve for a long time: embed media (video, audio) in the feedback comments of an assignment in Moodle.
The issue is that I haven't found the template I needed for what I want to do so what I have done is adapt the narration template to my needs. I don't know much about coding, but from my brief experience and looking at many other similar examples in the Internet I got to make it wortk the way I wanted, but then, a tiny little problem came up.
I just want to set two audio files: the first one is the student's audio file, and the second is my audio feedback, nothing else. So I changed the narration template and it works perfectly fine. The problem is that once I save the changes after I grade the assignment, everything dissapears and I cannot edit the grade again. The funny thing is that the student can see and listen to both audios and i can also see them when seeing all submissions, but I cannot edit it again.
I guess that I deleted something important in the code, in the body or in the js coding that causes the problem but I cannot find what it is. I have made thousands of changes but I don't  make it work. Can anybody have a look at the template and help me with it, please!!!!

Attached you can see the template I called mp3 feedback.text

Thank you!

Javi

In reply to Javier Oteiza

Re: Adapting narration template

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Javier,

If you can wait until Monday, December 3, and upgrade to the new Moodle 3.6, being able to add audio or video to the feedback of an assignment, is a new built in capability. In fact, you can even add multiple instance of either one.

If you want to try it out, go to the QA Testing Site, log in as teacher with password of test, and try it out, yourself.

In reply to AL Rachels

by Javier Oteiza -

Hi Al,

Thanks a million for your quick answer.

Yes, I have had a look at it at the QA Testing site and it's exactly what I wanted. It's superb. And of course I can wait until December, 3, the day on which, by the way, my Saint's day is celebrated (Saint Francisco Javier) here in Spain. So I guess I should say, thank you all for the present.

Javi
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Javier Oteiza

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Javier,

Excellent! Glad I could be of help. (Just happened to remember, it was one of QA Tests I did, a couple of weeks ago.)

In reply to AL Rachels

by Matthias Giger -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Dear AL

Do you by chance know whether this feature has also been extended to the essay question type in quizzes so that students' answer could include audio?

That would be a reason to upgrade to Moodle 3.6 despite its missing long term support.

In reply to Matthias Giger

by AL Rachels -

Hi Matthias,

In Moodle 3.6 the capability for a student to record audio or video into an Essay question is NOT supported. After all, there are other questions made for that. However, the teacher can place audio and/or video into the General Feedback of an Essay question. When grading an Essay question, the teacher can include both audio and video in their comments and they are readily listened to and watched by the student when reviewing their quiz results.

P.S. Sent a private message with some other info.

In reply to AL Rachels

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Hi AL

The https://qa.moodle.net/ site is already on Moodle 3.7!
Attachment qa-moodle.png
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by AL Rachels -

Hi Visvanath,

Yes it is now, but at the time I posted the entry, that event was still two days away, and I thought he might want to check it out right away.