General developer forum

how to release a new plugin?

Picture of Yu Sun
how to release a new plugin?

how to release a new  plugin?

I developed a new plugin using social network analysis method.I want to release it.

Please forgive my poor english, I hope that descriptions will be understandable.

Average of ratings: -
Mary Cooch
Re: how to release a new plugin?
Group Documentation writersGroup Moodle Course Creator Certificate holdersGroup Moodle HQGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup TestersGroup Translators

Hello there. Please see https://moodle.org/plugins/registerplugin.php where you can register your plugin, making sure it meets all the criteria first.

Picture of Yu Sun
回复: Re: how to release a new plugin?

thank you very much

Picture of Marcus Green
Re: 回复: Re: how to release a new plugin?
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

You could make it available via a link in Github first and post a link here to get some feedback from potential users. There are quite a few steps in getting your plugin approved and you might get soem feedback on what is necessary.

Average of ratings:Useful (3)
Picture of dawn alderson

...it seems to me Marcus, this would not be an unreasonable requirement for all new plugins.

D

Picture of Justin Hunt
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

I agree with Marcus. I always post about the availability of my new plugins before they go live on the plugins database. Only a few people go and install it that way, but you get good feedback.

Also it is now really easy for users to add your plugin to their Moodle site, using the auto install feature. So you have to be triple sure your plugin doesn't do bad things. Unless you enjoy putting out fires.