Global Find/Replace for Assignment titles or descriptions?

Global Find/Replace for Assignment titles or descriptions?

by Steve Ambro v3.8 -
Number of replies: 2

I am changing from an in-line HTML formatting of color and size of assignment titles to a CSS that uses span and class instead.  Is there a search and replace operation I can use or am I stuck with going to every entry to type in the same information for each?  If that is not possible, can I place information into every description easily?  I can see how that would save me a lot of work too.

I am backing up in 2.5.1 and wonder it it could be easier to do it there first or wait until the restore into 2.7 is done.  I get the feeling that it may not matter.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steve Ambro v3.8

Re: Global Find/Replace for Assignment titles or descriptions?

by Steve Ambro v3.8 -

Since I am working on my own Moodle 2.7 and server I can mess it all up without worrying about anything except my own repairs.

I want to find some global way to make changes in all assignment titles or descriptions. I believe it is all saved in a table somewhere.  I have a good background in database management.

What files might I want to search to learn how to make changes without having to go to each and every assignment individually?

In reply to Steve Ambro v3.8

Re: Global Find/Replace for Assignment titles or descriptions? (RESOLVED)

by Steve Ambro v3.8 -

I was told about the "admin/tool/replace" option. Looks hazardous but since working on my own system and have no responsibility to anyone else I took the risk. 
It worked like a charm....