Lesson activity - long overdue enhancements!

Lesson activity - long overdue enhancements!

by Mia Musolino -
Number of replies: 1

The Lesson activity has so much potential -- I find myself trying to "sell" it to users all the time! If there were just these four enhancements, I would have more success in getting people to use it in place of implementing a SCORM or other type of externally developed lesson module.

Here are my feature requests for this activity:

1 - Ability to DUPLICATE a page or question. This is basic. Please add!

2 - Completion requirement by number of pages viewed, not just by number of questions answered. This would be SO powerful and would let me replace SCORM lessons with the native Moodle lesson.

3 - Ability to import a whole set of graphic files, one per page, so you could create your lesson in Powerpoint, save as PNG files, and import them all in as a lesson.

4 - Fixed page size, so you can control where the navigation buttons fall on the page (I don't like it when they change position based on the page height).

So that's all I want for the Lesson activity and I could do most of what I need to do for an online course right in Moodle, without going to an external SCORM tool. PLESASE!!!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mia Musolino

Re: Lesson activity - long overdue enhancements!

by Hong Nguyen -

Since such in-built improvement won't be available soon, I'm still going to suggest using an external tool, however it is done online so it may fit your requirement.

The step is to create your lesson at www.slidego.com, which has an editor with similar functions as Poweproint, then add it to your course as external resource (LTI). The site is built on top of Moodle so just sign on there to test how it works.