Atto editor - table properties/borders & browser spell check

Atto editor - table properties/borders & browser spell check

by Colin Matheson -
Number of replies: 5

Hi,

I am trying out 2.7 prior to our upgrade and I can't see how to adjust table borders and column widths. My teachers LOVE tables and want to be able to get them just right. Also I can't seem to activate my in-browser spell check on my test site. It is working on the Moodle.org forums so it could be just a feature of how I set up my test site (which is inaccessible outside of our LAN)?

Average of ratings: Useful (4)
In reply to Colin Matheson

Re: Atto editor - table properties/borders & browser spell check

by Nathan Lind -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Hi all,

Our faculty also rely on and appreciate tables. We really hope Atto will have table capabilities, including control of borders, cell spacing and padding, and widths will be added. 

Thanks!

Nathan

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Nathan Lind

by Russell Waldron -

Difficulty formatting tables would probably be a deal breaker for Atto at my institution.

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Nathan Lind

by Jonathan Newman -

This is a show stopper for our district. Moving to 2.8 and Atto shouldn't cause loss of functionality for teachers/students. All teachers and students who use Moodle should not be required to understand how to build and edit a table in HTML to have clean tables. I'm hoping table editing tools are added to Atto soon. Atto is such a clean looking editor and the math equations are a big plus. On the bright side there is a ticket open but the downside is it is listed as minor and not assigned. This is a loss of functionality for the Moodle community. I'm glad to see others have mentioned the issue. 

https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-45515

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Colin Matheson

by Melissa Benson -

Any news on being able to adjust table column widths in atto?

Also, this teacher said he was unable to even add in columns or rows with atto. I'm able to do that but when he chooses to add some, they don't add - anyone see this before? Possible reasons it's not working?

Finally, I told this teacher to switch back to tinymce editor and he did. He can now add/remove columns an rows but he said he can't change the widths of columns like he used to in 2.6 after upgrading to 2.7. Are you still able to change the width of columns if you switch bak to tinymce editor?

Average of ratings: Useful (4)