Set up installation thru GoDaddy Host

Re: Set up installation thru GoDaddy Host

by yaschica agoro -
Number of replies: 1

I am having major issues with installing my moodle in Godaddy

First, I have my sites backup on godaddy; after I reinstall into my cpanel (file manager).  Every site works right except my moodle installation. Yes, I made sure the config.php and database were able to connect. 

Then I can't get by the error msg: 

Re: $CFG->dataroot is not configured properly, directory does not exist or is not accessible! Exiting.

So, I just reinstall Moodle via one-click in godaddy applications. Now, I need to transfer files into new moodle from old moodle. 

Help Please!!!

In reply to yaschica agoro

Re: Set up installation thru GoDaddy Host

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Don't know what version of Moodle you are trying to install, and what kind of server you have (hosted, VPS, etc.)  In general, avoid the one-click installs.  We also don't know where you are in your transfer process, so you might need to provide more detail.

The error message seems to suggest that your moodledata folder is either not in the right location, or doesn't have the correct "rights".  You will need to verify that your old moodledata folder got backup up and restored, that its old folder name matches the new, that data actually exists in it, and that your new moodle points to the moodledata folder correctly.

If you used a cPanel backup tool and a one-click install tool, you will now need to explore what they did and did not do.

Your general need is referred to "migration."  Look for this in the moodle documentation.

As a general suggestion, learn how to install moodle from scratch.  This will help you a lot in the future.