More Clone - Added Google Fonts, My Courses, My Dashboard, 2 column

More Clone - Added Google Fonts, My Courses, My Dashboard, 2 column

by Chris Kenniburg -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello All,

We plan to update to Moodle 2.7 this summer and I needed a theme.  We currently use Essential and we decided we could not do without the My Courses dropdown.  I really like the new "More" theme so I decided to clone it and try to add in the My Course drop down.  From there I just started adding more stuff.  We also do not like the 3 column layout.  The page is too cluttered and it creates anxiety as it increases the cognitive load for staff and students.  We decided that the blocks and content should be in a single area on the page which is what we did with the blocks and course content now appearing as one element.  

• Clone of More theme
  • Forced 2 columns - blocks on right side of page and content on left.  
  • Added My Dashboard and My Courses - Thanks to Moodleman and Essential Theme!
  • Added Google Font Selector - Thanks again Moodleman
  • Made the blocks and course content appear as one page and not separate columns.
  • Broke the Theme Settings page out into into: General Settings, Theme Colors, and Custom Menu pages. 
Test it out and let me know what you think.  

Attachment Michigan Moodle.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Kenniburg

Re: More Clone - Added Google Fonts, My Courses, My Dashboard, 2 column

by Chris Kenniburg -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I do have one more thing I would like to implement and that is... How do I make the dock appear on the right side of the page?

I have followed several ideas and postings about customizing the dock but none seem to work.  If someone can take this theme and make the dock appear on the right side I would be most appreciative.  

In reply to Chris Kenniburg

Re: More Clone - Added Google Fonts, My Courses, My Dashboard, 2 column

by Brendan Lalor -

I would be very pleased, too, to discover how to dock on the right. I'll stay tuned.