Blank pages after install

Blank pages after install

by Bryson Stansfield -
Number of replies: 4
I am trying to get Moodle installed for my High School and am running into all sorts of issues (maybe me or our school systems hosting environment?) but:

• Have uploaded extracted moodle files to our web server.
  • Have gone through and created basic config.php file - It did warn safe mode is on, and that it could not save the config.php file. I then adjusted the config-dist.php file, renamed it and uploaded with correct values. The config.php is attached, and the link to our servers phpinfo file is here.
  • I then was presented with a blank page (the admin/index.php page) and could go no further.

Any help is much appreciated ... I've been battling this for 3 days and am becoming despondent. There are numerous schools in our system who I have been chatting with and are having the same problem. Somebody help me moodle!

Regards, Bryson Stansfield
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bryson Stansfield

Re: Blank pages after install

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Bryson,

If you have not done so already, please check the blank pages FAQ (just follow the link).
In reply to Helen Foster

by Bryson Stansfield -
Hi Helen, yes I have checked this link. The only thing is that path name is not an absolute path, but is the same as what is presented on a phpinfo check.

_SERVER["SCRIPT_FILENAME"]/webdocs/school-hosting/murrumba/pineriversshs/www/ischool/phpinfo.php

I cannot get access to an absolute path for this directory.

Any other thoughts?

Cheers, Bryson
In reply to Bryson Stansfield

by Jim Hardy -
I had the same problem. In another thread, one person mentioned that you should edit lib/setup.php

Change error_reporting(0);
to error_reporting(E_ALL);

The idea was to have moodle report all PHP related errors. The odd thing is that the change actually resulted in the end of the problem.
In reply to Jim Hardy

by Bryson Stansfield -
I have just checked the file mentioned, and the error_reporting is already set to this setting. Any other thoughts?

Bryson