invalid course module id

invalid course module id

by pat moffatt -
Number of replies: 6

I have the latest version of moodle 2.7 installed on a LAMP server. when some users login they get the error "invalid course module id". I have switched on debugging and from the live logs i see errors of the form The user with id '1180' viewed the course with id '444'. Any help greatly appreciated.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to pat moffatt

Re: invalid course module id

by Guillermo Madero -

Does course with id=444 exist?

Maybe users are just modifying the URL and seeing where does that take them.

In reply to Guillermo Madero

by pat moffatt -

Thanks for your reply, to answer your question we don't use course id numbers so leave that field blank. But I think i have it solved, i saw from some other threads that it is linked to the calendar, when i disabled the calendar on my site it seems now to be working fine. Thanks again for your help.

In reply to pat moffatt

by Guillermo Madero -

Hi Pat,

Great!

Just a little clarification: there is a system generated Course Id, which is the one I was referring to and which is displayed at the URL when one enters a course, and a Course ID Number, which is a code that can be set at the Course ID Number text box when editing the course settings.

course id vs. course id number

In reply to pat moffatt

by Khyam Shahzad -
Hi,

If you have upgraded your Moodle installation to 2.7 then this is probabbly because of "assignment 2.2" module which is not supported anymore in 2.7.

You can follow this link http://docs.moodle.org/27/en/Assignment_upgrade_tool to upgrade your old assignments and this will work.

"the calendar module tries to display assignment events but get error because of missing assignment 2.2 module"
In reply to Khyam Shahzad

by Adam Barbary -

OK, so it does appear to be the calendar at fault, but what about assignments that cannot be upgraded? Eg. Turnitin Basic? What then? It's no possible to delete the items, because they can't be seen.

Ideas?

In reply to Adam Barbary

by Adam Barbary -

OK, so, looking at our clone server, it appears to be fine, as long as the assignment module is left in place. Even though it is disabled, having the plugin present prevents the calendar from failing. Will look into this contrib as a potential solution too.

https://github.com/micaherne/moodle/commit/49912e804d7d9cd1f901c8f34dfbe8a6bedce196