wikimedia and flickr public - no results

wikimedia and flickr public - no results

by dan attwood -
Number of replies: 3

I've enabled the wikimedia and flickr repositories. However whenever I search I get no results.

I also see no errors on screen or in the logs and now blocking on our firewall/ network. 

Does anyone have any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong please?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to dan attwood

Re: wikimedia and flickr public - no results

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I recall something similar happening at the Moodle of my old school (although there were error messages there) Have a look at https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=202928#p1058690 and perhaps some of the related forum posts. It might be something proxy-related.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by dan attwood -

good suggestion but we've got no proxy set in moodle - it's transparent.

I think I need to get my network admins to look into this some more

In reply to dan attwood

by Mark Sherry -

I don't know if this is related, but I am looking to create a portal to a video production seminar we are going to be putting together and we would like to include flickr images into the portal that are searchable.  I would like there to be an online curriculum and resources that can be used interactively by people who are enrolled in our program.  Is it possible to take Moodle and add it onto an HTML 5 page without changing the structure of the rest of it?  For reference, the test site version of where we are looking to do this is http://www.videoproductionnyc.net.  I apologize if this is a dumb question as I am fairly new to webmastering and this kind of thing.

Also, is there a way to create an online calendar with Moodle that can be updated with student assignments and let them communicate with the person running the seminar / workshop?  Thanks!

Mark