Control enrollment activation and enrollment "pause"

Control enrollment activation and enrollment "pause"

by Marco Filippetti -
Number of replies: 3

Hello, we are an online training company that has about 4.5K students enrolled on one or more than our 25 courses as of now. Right now, we only use manual enrollment method - so we can better control who can access what, and until when. All of our courses are paid, so we need this strict control of who is enrolling into what course. So, we manually do this using the "upload list of users". The default enrollment period for all of our courses is 90 days - and the countdown start as soon as we upload the list of users and respective courses. 

The problem we have is with some students that purchase a lot of courses, and they don`t want to start all of them by the same time. So, here is my question: Is that a way to allow the student to "activate" its enrollment into a specific course, so the countdown timers would start only at that time? Going further, would it be possible to a student to "pause" his enrollment into a certain course, so enrollment countdown timer would not count until he reactivate his enrollment into that specific course?

I find it hard to believe I am the only one looking for a solution to this... am I? wink

Best regards,

Marco Filippetti
CloudCampus Treinamentos
www.cloudcampus.cc

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marco Filippetti

Re: Control enrollment activation and enrollment "pause"

by Javier Angeles -

Oi Marco..!,

I'm not totally certain but I know you can define the stat time and the finish time in the flat file to upload list of users.. have you seen that ?? is it usesful to you ??  Maybe you can upload a single student to several courses in different start/finish times & dates; and implement a 90 days in a row without pause policy?

http://docs.moodle.org/27/en/Flat_file

I'm not certain if the real problem is that you would like to have something (a block maybe) to empower students to begin/pause/finish their courses as they want it. Having Moodle to control those "effective" 90 days.

Regards!

In reply to Javier Angeles

by Marco Filippetti -

Hello Javier. Yes, we are aware of that. We actually use that when loading the students via flatfile upload. But this does not solve our problem, as the start and finish period are defined in the file and the student doesn't have control of them. Once we load the flatfile, time start counting (or it can start at a later time, if defined, but not under complete control of the student). So, if a student buy 10 courses today and doesn't say anything, we will upload the flatfile and time to access all the courses will start right away. After 90 days, he will no longer have access to any of the courses. 

We are looking for a way to give the student the power to "start" (or activate) a certain course he is already enrolled in. Until he does that, time will not run for that particular course. The best way I see to do that would be a first access to a course. Until he does a first access, enroll time to that course would not be accounted.

Many tks for the response, anyways! Appreciate the effort smile

Marco.

In reply to Marco Filippetti

by Flotter Totte -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Marco,

maybe those 2 workarounds could help you:

1. Use enrollment keys and provide them to your students. When a students wants to enrol, they use the enrollment key and set the start date.

2. Use the enrollment plugin "enrollment upon approval". Students enroll --> you approve --> student is enrolled.

Greetings,

Flotter