Restricted Sections visible on OneTopic format

Restricted Sections visible on OneTopic format

by Seth Mengal -
Number of replies: 10
Hello,

I was using Collapsed topic before, and when a section would have been hidden for a student (Restricted if userprofile has a field....), the topic name and section was completely hidden..

But since ive started using Onetopic, even the section is Hidden, and when a student clicks the topic the message comes. '

Sorry, but you do not currently have permissions to do that (View hidden sections)'

But the topic name is visible. Is there a small-code-hack i could do, to make the Hidden Section not visible for students at all? Just how other course formats treat it.

Attachment Screenshot (75).png
Attachment Screenshot (76).png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Seth Mengal

Re: Restricted Sections visible on OneTopic format

by Seth Mengal -

Administrator Side:

These topics should completely be invisible.

Attachment Screenshot (77).png
Attachment Screenshot (78).png
In reply to Seth Mengal

by Seth Mengal -
Looking for a suggestion or answer
In reply to Seth Mengal

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Who are you logged in as when they are visible? - remember using 'login as...' to get a student type view is not advised in many respects as you are still actually a teacher/admin on the course. You need to log out of your admin/teacher role and log in with an actual (specially created test...) student account to see what they see properly.

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Seth Mengal -
Gareth, i couldnt get hold of him.. I tried looking and matching the code of Collapased Topics to other, but couldnt find the right hack

Richard, i am logging in only as a student, by their username and password. Its not acting as it is supposed to actually.

In reply to Seth Mengal

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Seth,

It's probably something I could fix given the nature of reacting to completely hidden sections in the code.  However, it would take at least half a day and therefore something I do not have time for.

Kind regards,

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Caitlyn Duggan -

Hi

I've also got this issue and would love a fix. I will post same in the plugin page.

Caitlyn

In reply to Caitlyn Duggan

by David Herney -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi...

I have upgraded a new release of the Onetopic format to moodle 2.6+ and moodle 2.7+, this release includes the below characteristics:
- Fixed visualization of hidden/unavailable topics/tabs. Thanks to Mike Grant for your contribution on it.
- Fixed bug when creating courses with Onetopic format by default. Thanks to Mike Grant, again ;)
- Added "Disable/enable asynchronous edit functions" in order to make it possible to move the resources between tabs. Please, test it and please send me your feedback.

Saludos

In reply to David Herney

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

by David Herney -

Hi Matt...

In order to move a resource:

1. Select "Disable/enable asynchronous edit functions"
  2. Select the arrows of the resource
  3. Go to the target topic
  4. Click on new position

Saludos