Restricted Sections visible on OneTopic format

Restricted Sections visible on OneTopic format

Seth Mengal-mit -
Antal besvarelser: 10
Hello,

I was using Collapsed topic before, and when a section would have been hidden for a student (Restricted if userprofile has a field....), the topic name and section was completely hidden..

But since ive started using Onetopic, even the section is Hidden, and when a student clicks the topic the message comes. '

Sorry, but you do not currently have permissions to do that (View hidden sections)'

But the topic name is visible. Is there a small-code-hack i could do, to make the Hidden Section not visible for students at all? Just how other course formats treat it.

Bilag Screenshot (75).png
Bilag Screenshot (76).png
Gennemsnitsbedømmelse: -
I svar til Seth Mengal

Re: Restricted Sections visible on OneTopic format

Seth Mengal-mit -

Administrator Side:

These topics should completely be invisible.

Bilag Screenshot (77).png
Bilag Screenshot (78).png
I svar til Seth Mengal

Seth Mengal-mit -
Looking for a suggestion or answer
I svar til Seth Mengal

Richard Oelmann-mit -
Core developers-ip assinga Plugin developers-ip assinga Testers-ip assinga

Who are you logged in as when they are visible? - remember using 'login as...' to get a student type view is not advised in many respects as you are still actually a teacher/admin on the course. You need to log out of your admin/teacher role and log in with an actual (specially created test...) student account to see what they see properly.

I svar til Richard Oelmann

Seth Mengal-mit -
Gareth, i couldnt get hold of him.. I tried looking and matching the code of Collapased Topics to other, but couldnt find the right hack

Richard, i am logging in only as a student, by their username and password. Its not acting as it is supposed to actually.

I svar til Seth Mengal

Gareth J Barnard-mit -
Core developers-ip assinga Particularly helpful Moodlers-ip assinga Plugin developers-ip assinga

Hi Seth,

It's probably something I could fix given the nature of reacting to completely hidden sections in the code.  However, it would take at least half a day and therefore something I do not have time for.

Kind regards,

Gareth

I svar til Gareth J Barnard

Caitlyn Duggan-mit -

Hi

I've also got this issue and would love a fix. I will post same in the plugin page.

Caitlyn

I svar til Caitlyn Duggan

David Herney-mit -
Core developers-ip assinga Particularly helpful Moodlers-ip assinga Plugin developers-ip assinga

Hi...

I have upgraded a new release of the Onetopic format to moodle 2.6+ and moodle 2.7+, this release includes the below characteristics:
- Fixed visualization of hidden/unavailable topics/tabs. Thanks to Mike Grant for your contribution on it.
- Fixed bug when creating courses with Onetopic format by default. Thanks to Mike Grant, again ;)
- Added "Disable/enable asynchronous edit functions" in order to make it possible to move the resources between tabs. Please, test it and please send me your feedback.

Saludos

I svar til David Herney

Dette forumindlæg er fjernet.

Dette forumindlæg er fjernet og indholdet er ikke længere tilgængeligt.
I svar til Slettet bruger

David Herney-mit -

Hi Matt...

In order to move a resource:

1. Select "Disable/enable asynchronous edit functions"
  2. Select the arrows of the resource
  3. Go to the target topic
  4. Click on new position

Saludos