Integration round 2014-05-22 - sync your souls

Integration round 2014-05-22 - sync your souls

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Cold numbers:

58 issues have been successfully integrated with 7 rejected and 0 delayed. That is 89% success, well done!

Notes:

• This has been the 2nd (of 3) weeks under the called "on-sync" period. So the gates will be open soon for all your new and crazy stuff.
  • Today, integrators have had the 2nd session of our retrospective meeting. Hopefully we won't need more than 5 or 6 sessions to complete it. Tons of thoughts, POVs, tasks... but worth noting that, overall, the consensus is that the progress towards 2.7 has been more organized, more in time, more focussed than ever, so congrats to everybody that was part of any aspect of it.
  • Of course, there are still some areas requiring a bit of love and dedication, especially peer-review. We hope to come with some practical ideas/proposals about that soon.
  • Also, after some indecision and long discussions we have agreed about to move away from the currently vague end of support dates (they are right now "months") and often it's not clear what they mean (point release, next point release, end of month...) both for developers and for us. So, starting with 2.6 and upwards we are moving to this simple and accurate definition:

"End of support, both general and security, happens the 2nd Monday of May and November, no matter the major release is delayed or no."

This will be moved to the Docs and applied to 2.6 and upwards (of course observing the 12mo, 18mo... periods).

• We are (only) 1.5y away from Moodle 3.0. If I was you, I'd start thinking... personally I'd love to see a evolutive revolution. What's that? Don't know (yet), but like the terms-mix. wink
  • More coming soon...

Hot topics:

• The Tracker is down, so the only hot topic is to try to get it back ASAP. I'd blame Java, but prefer to blame Jira (matter of preferences).

Warm thanks:

• To the unique, genuine and never repeatable Dan Poltawski. Just give me 3 like him and we'll move the World. Am I exaggerating? Surely, but I can. Many thanks for all the hard work and, simply, don't change ever. AU HQ will miss you for sure but I'll be happier having you nearer my TZ @ UK, lol. Have a nice trip!

Ciao all, stronk7 smile

Average of ratings: -