$version = 2013051406.01;
$release = '2.5.6+ (Build: 20140515)';
and grid format
please tell me what is exact version of grid format require if possible give me download link also.
how did you installed the Plug-in? automated install or manual?
secondly, how did you install your moodle? through automated script install (Fantastico/Softaculous) or manual?
I just downloaded the plugin and uploaded to the course/format folder.
I dont know how moodle was installed .Its already developed site i just need to add grid format to it
Your plug-in installation is fine, as usually what I have experienced and seen is people having trouble when installing plug-ins from moodle's interface.
As your moodle installation is concerned, that is another issue as again just like plug-in installation, experience tells people having issues when moodle is installed using script installer which in your case becomes difficult as you have moodle site already running where you arent sure of who and how installed it.
what errors you are facing? is it not working from ground zero? or the plug-in itself showing issues? the plug-in was jointly developed by Gareth and Julian (left Moodle.org), and usually when Grid Format has trouble, its Gareth assisting out for Grid Format.
The correct version for M2.5 is https://moodle.org/plugins/pluginversion.php?id=5867. As Usman correctly points out, the web interface can be problematic although a fix has been put in place core wise. But in order to determine if it is the issue I need to know a few things.
Could you turn on developer level debugging: http://docs.moodle.org/25/en/Debugging and report all errors please. Is the folder exactly '/course/format/grid'?
folder path is same.After debugging i got this "Table "format_grid_summary" does not exist" error,
when I am trying to click on course.I am also attaching screenshot of admin page which is showing "To be installed" message.
- The reason that the format is not working is because it has not been installed and hence the "format_grid_summary" table does not exist.
- The reason that it has not been installed and has the status 'To be installed' is because the theme 'Binarius' requires a version of Moodle that you are not running, in this case M2.7 - hence the big 'pink' background on 'Requires'.
- This means that you need to solve the problem and that clicking on 'Upgrade Moodle database now' will cycle back to the same screen (I think).
- The reason that this is stalling is because (even though M2.5 ending with M2.6 comes with the 'Binarius' theme), you have decided for some unknown reason to install the M2.7 version even though there is a clear statement to the effect on the download page for the plugin:
Therefore, delete the '/theme/binarius' folder and replace it with the one that came with Moodle core M2.5 when you first downloaded it. Then you will be able to solve this:
Please kindly forgive me if I appear annoyed, but this has absolutely nothing to do with the Grid format and everything to do with attempting to update to a version of a theme that is clearly not for the version of Moodle you are running. If I have got the circumstances wrong then I apologise.
If I upgrade the moodle will that affect on current settings and the courses ? I means is there any chance of data lost ?because site is live now.
I am NOT telling you to 'upgrade' Moodle. You have installed a version of the Binarus theme that is for a NEWER version of Moodle than you are running. You need to:
- Go to your 'themes' folder and delete the 'binarus' folder.
- Replace with the one attached (after unzipping). Which is the 'Binarus' theme from Moodle 2.5.6+ (Build: 20140522) - which should be compatible with your 2.5.6.
- Go to 'Site Administration' -> 'Notifications' and click on 'Upgrade Moodle database now'. This will NOT upgrade Moodle to a higher version but instead install the plugins correctly.